Breville Sous Chef BFP800CBXL (Cranberry Red) is a great food processor and if you are like me, I am sure you will find it versatile and convenient for all your food processing needs. My wife loves the food processor simply because it is powerful enough to accomplish her food preparation tasks within a short time without need to switch it on and off to allow it time to cool down.
My old food processor was a little bit noisy plus it could not work as fast as I wanted. This was a setback since I would waste a lot of time in food preparation and therefore opted to look for an affordable unit to replace the old one. After researching a number of food processors, Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef food processor stood out as the best. I have decided to share my experience and research findings with you since I believe this is a great food processor for any homeowner.
Variable 24-setting slicing discs
Having used a number of food processors, none of them could give us different sizes of slices for ingredients. This to me was a big disadvantage. I however found a solution in Breville Sous Chef food processor. The processor will definitely make work easier for you especially with its 24 disc settings which allows you to choose the thickness you need for your ingredients. In addition, this food processor also features a, S blade which is able to slice through tough pieces of ingredients with a lot of ease. It is easy to slice foods of all sizes and shapes using this slicer.
Powerful and strong motor
Breville Sous Chef (Cranberry Red) comes with a 1200 watt motor that is powerful enough to slice even the toughest foods in the kitchen. The motor is reliable enough such that the manufacturers have given it a 25 year warranty. This powerful motor works very fast thus ensuring that all the ingredients are perfectly sliced in the desired sizes and shapes.
16-cup capacity work bowl
The food processor has a work bowl with a capacity to hold 16 cups. The bowl comes with a lid which has a safety lock thus enhancing the safety of the processor throughout. If this lid is not securely locked, Breville Sous Chef will not run. It also has a mini processing bowl with a capacity of 2.5 cups thus making it easy for users to perform smaller tasks when necessary. These bowls combine very well with the extra large feed tube to make your work easier. There is no need for you to pre-cut your ingredients into smaller pieces before feeding them into the tube.
Features and specifications
- The Breville BFP800CBXL food processor (Cranberry Red) has 3 blades and 5 multi-function discs out of the box
- Breville Sous Chef food processor features a large and small food pusher which helps push huge and small ingredients through the feed tube. The small pusher also works as a measuring cup for ingredients whenever you need to add some into the bowl. The appliance won’t run without the large food pusher or if it is not properly set but will run without the smaller pusher.
- It has an LCD display count-up/down auto timer. The timer helps in setting the time required for food processing.
- The food processor has an extra large feed chute which has a safety system. The feed chute makes it unnecessary to pre-cut large pieces of your ingredients before putting them in the food processor. On the other hand, the safety system prevents motor operation unless the bowl and food pushers are locked correctly in their position.
- Silicone seal to prevent fluid leakage when processing large amounts of liquid-based ingredients.
- Non-skid rubber feet for enhanced stability and safety.
Customer reviews and score rating
Breville Sous Chef is an extremely handy food processor and can knead, chop, dice and slice with precision saving you much time in the process.
By the time I wrote this review, the appliance had 277 reviews which had given the Breville Sous chef food processor a star rating of 4.7 out of the possible 5. Generally, reviews in Amazon are positive but also balanced with a few points of concern raised by some reviewers. One review went like this, “I was misled to thinking that the ‘S’ blade that came with the unit had two layers.” However, the same customer added that, “The ‘S’ blade is fantastic. I can give a very fine chop in to just about anything in a few pulses.” This to me shows that the customer had some expectation but not based on manufacturer’s specifications and assurance.
I find it very easy to recommend Breville Sous Chef (Cranberry Red) all factors considered.
Breville bfp800xl sous chef food processor can perfectly handle all types of processing tasks whenever called upon. You should however avoid processing cheese products according to the manufacturer.